Latest Updates:
(+44) 207 060 5333 (UK)
+7 (499) 6092322 (RUS)
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type

Child maintenance in England

Questions & AnswersChild maintenance in England
RSL Law Staff asked 1 year ago

Good afternoon! I have been living and working in England for 7 years. My husband stayed in Latvia which means that we haven’t lived together for 7 years. Two years ago, I relocated our three children to the UK. Before that, they lived with their grandmothers in Latvia. I don’t get any help from the father of the children. I have recently applied for a divorce in Latvia. Could you please let me know whether I can apply for child maintenance in the UK and if so, how can I do it?

1 Answers
RSL Law Staff answered 1 year ago

Since Lativa and England are members of Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders (REMO), you can apply for child maintenance while in the UK. In order to do so, you need to complete the following form, pay the required fee and together with the supporting documents send it to the following address:
Maintenance Enforcement Business Centre London
Central Family Court
First Avenue House
42-49 High Holborn
Maintenance Enforcement Centre will then forward your documents to REMO Unit. REMO Unit in its turn will send your documents to the local Latvian court for consideration. You will receive a response within a few months. For the better understanding of the process, you can use the following guidelines:

Red Square London Staff replied 1 year ago

Question originally submitted from BC Expert at

Click here Click here