Latest Updates:
(+44) 207 060 5333 (UK)
+7 (499) 6092322 (RUS)
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type

I am 6 months pregnant. May I be refused entry to the UK?

Questions & AnswersCategory: ImmigrationI am 6 months pregnant. May I be refused entry to the UK?
RSL Law Staff asked 1 year ago

Good afternoon,

My situation is as follows. I have been married to a British citizen for 7 years. We are not living in the UK because we are working in another country. However, we regularly spend a couple of months in the UK visiting the parents and relatives and are planning to move to the UK permanently. I visited the UK numerous times in the last 10 years, always having a Visitor visa. Currently, I have a Family Visitor visa which is valid for 5 years. I am six months pregnant and we would like the baby to be born in the UK. We are happy to pay all medical expenses. I and my husband are planning on going to the UK in a month and spend their approximately 4 months (until after the delivery and the obtaining of a passport for the newborn). However, I am worried that I will be refused entry to the UK when it will become apparent that I am pregnant and am going to give birth in the UK. Could you please let me know if there is a possibility that I am be refused entry? Should I have certain documents with me which I can show Immigration Officers at the border?

Thank you

1 Answers
RSL Law Staff answered 1 year ago

First of all, you need to remember that having this type of visa you cannot spend more than 180 days over the period of 12 months in the UK. There is a chance that airlines will not allow you to board the plane and if your pregnancy is visible Immigration Officers have the right to stop you at the border and not let you in, especially if you will tell them that you are going to give birth in the UK. You are not entitled to free medical services having this type of visa. Arriving in the UK in these circumstances with the goal of giving birth here will be considered illegal. Even if you are planning on giving birth in a private clinic, you will need to obtain a different type of visa.
We would also like to note that a child born abroad to parents who are British citizens (or even if only one of the parents is a British citizen), may obtain British citizenship in the future.

Red Square London Staff replied 1 year ago

Question originally submitted from BC Expert at

Click here Click here