Latest Updates:
(+44) 207 060 5333 (UK)
+7 (499) 6092322 (RUS)
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type

Pension Credit

RSL Law Staff asked 1 year ago

My mother is an EU and a Russian citizen. She is 71 years old. She has earned her pension in Russia. I am an EU citizen, working and living in London. I would like her to move to London since she is not young anymore. I would like to apply for pension credit on her behalf. If I understand correctly, she needs to have a NIN in order to do so. But it is not given to pensioners. What do I need to do in order to obtain a NIN for her? Maybe I can find her a job or prove that she is looking for one and provide email correspondence with potential employers as a proof?

1 Answers
RSL Law Staff answered 1 year ago

This is a complex question. First of all, you will need to enquire about the options available to your mother in relation to transfer of funds from the pension fund in Russia. In order to apply for Pension Credit, your mother will indeed need a NIN. We advise you to book a consultation at Job Centre in relation to this question.

Our specialists at Red Square London will be happy to assist you with your mother’s relocation to London.

Red Square London Staff replied 1 year ago

Question originally submitted from BC Expert at

Click here Click here