If an employer in the UK wishes to employ skilled workers from outside the EEA as Tier 2 migrants they must first of all acquire a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence from the Home Office. The Tier 2 Sponsor Licence application consists of two parts: firstly an online application and, secondly, the submission to the Home Office of various documents about the organisation: documents that show that the organisation is respectable, that it has taken out the required types of insurance, that

Immigration – TIER 2 VISAS

A Tier 2 visa enables a skilled or well-qualified non-EEA migrant to work for a UK-based employer in a skilled job, if that employer holds a Tier 2 sponsor licence and if they have sponsored the migrant. There are two basic types of Tier 2 visa: Tier 2 General visa Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa (often abbreviated to “Tier 2 ICT visa”) (There are also some others, which are more specialised: Tier 2 Sportsperson visa and Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa.) The Tier 2

Immigration – Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

If an overseas company has no branch in the UK but wants to set up such a branch it may appoint a suitable senior employee to come to the UK, set up the branch, and manage it. Such a person may qualify for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa. (NB: This is different from a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa: the UK branch has not yet been set up, and the Representative first of all has to set the UK