If your documents need to be legalised or have an apostille certificate our notary will be able to liaise with the Foreign Office or the appropriate embassy or consulate on your behalf.

Most of the documents that you’ll need notaries for are for use abroad, often by lawyers, courts and official registries.

Quite often, they will need your documents to be not only notarised but also attested by the Foreign Office, by the embassy of the country where the documents will be used, or frequently by both.  For some countries, a confirmation from a chamber of commerce might also be necessary for commercial documents or invoices.


This is an official certificate that the Foreign Office will add to the back of some documents before they can be used abroad. It is usually known simply as the ‘apostille’ although sometimes it is called the ‘Hague apostille’.

We deal every day with the Foreign Office and we can use both their standard and their fast-track routes to obtain apostille certificates for you, depending on how fast you need to have your documents back.


We are also very familiar with the procedures used at the different embassies and have an excellent set of contacts within the various consulates in London. We know their different requirements, prices and turnaround times.

If you are unsure about whether or not you need any documents legalised, whether or not you will require an apostille, or for a consultation or a quote, get in touch with us by email at, or give us a call on 020 7060 5333. Alternatively, fill in the short enquiry form

It’s a good idea to send us a copy of any documents you need legalised along with your enquiry so we can give you an accurate quote.